Use Time Sheet to manage and create time reports for assignments, requests and tasks. Time sheet displays the user’s ongoing tasks as rows in a table. The columns show the weekdays for either one, two or three weeks at a time. As a default setting the project headlines can be collapsed to hide the task rows. Normal time, Overtime and Travel time are supported in Time sheet.
Each task row contains the following information about the assignment.
|Task||Task is an activity that has a given start and finish date. A project usually has many tasks and each task has one or more assignments.|
|Deadline||The deadline of the task or the date that it ends.||
|Mon - Sun||Reported time is entered into the weekday columns of the table.|
|Week total||The total amount of work hours the user recorded for a specific week.|
|Remain||The total amount of work hours the user remaining for a specific task.|
|| Where in the process of completion the task is at the moment.
|Task type||The type of task, which can be: Time-based, Fixed, Non-billable, and so on.|
|Assigned||Shows whether it is a personal or team assignment. The default is Personal.|
- To report your hours click on the “Time” tab (under Project module). The Time sheet opens and as default you see all your active tasks assigned to you for this week and not yet completed. Completed tasks will show in the time sheet when the finish date has been reached. Tasks will start showing in time sheet on the week start date is created.
- To enter a time report, navigate with arrow keys or mouse to the cell that is on the correct day column and task row.
- Enter the amount of hours in the cell. When you enter the hours in the cell the same appears in the "Reported” field at the bottom of the time sheet. See Advanced time report features for other ways to report time.
- Press TAB to move to the Comment field to write a comment about your work. Leaving a comment can be optional or mandatory. The symbol * indicates that a comment is mandatory for this project and task. The customers see the comment in the invoice items appendix if you invoice through PlanMill. Project managers can enter a different invoice comment for your time report if needed. But we recommend you to write an informative comment when reporting to save the project manager's time.
- You can enter many time reports to one cell by clicking the “Add new time report” tab in the bottom of the Time sheet. Cells with several time reports are marked with a blue corner.
- Place the cursor on a cell with several time reports to see all the time reports for that cell in a pop-up window. Edit a saved time reports by clicking on the relevant cell and change the amount or the comment. Accepted and locked time reports cannot be edited by the user!
- Delete a time report by clicking the “Delete” tab in the bottom of the Time sheet or click “Del” on the keyboard. Make sure your cursor is in the correct cell when you start deleting.
- To save all your time reports, click “Save”
If you try to leave the Time sheet before you have saved your data, you will be warned that you have unsaved data and will be asked if you would like to return and save.
- As a default, one week is displayed at a time. The week number and date interval for the selected week is shown in the top section.
- The week shown is changed either by using the buttons for "Previous week" and "Next week" or by entering the week number.
- Use the filters to limit the data you see. If secretary mode is enabled a Person-filter will be shown were the user can select which person’s time sheet is viewed.
- The background color of the cells in the weekday column tells if the assignment is active for the selected week. An assignment that is late or has not yet started is shown with a lighter grey color. Days with zero capacity, e.g. national holidays and weekends, are shown with a darker grey color
- Click on "Graph" in the tools-section to open a graphic report with information about capacity and reported billable and non-billable hours.
- Move the cursor over a cell with time reported. A pop-up window shows detailed information about the time report(s). (See no 6 in the picture above)
|Reported time reports are shown in the weekday columns of the table. Reported but not yet accepted time reports will be shown with a blue color, accepted ones with green color. Preliminary time reports are shown with a lighter pink color.|
- View time reports, time balance and assignments' remaining hours. The remaining hours are calculated for accepted time reports. Time sheet can show normal balance, overtime balance and other time balance depending on user rights.
- Hide unnecessary tasks. Select task and click “Set inactive”. This function is useless if you have "All tasks" in the "View by" field. To view inactive tasks, select “My inactive tasks”. Select task and click “Set active” to activate the task in your time sheet.
- Create an expense reports from Time sheet. Click on the cell you want to report an expense to and select Expense from the list by the "New assignment" button.
- See more optional Advanced time report features.
To get an overview over all the projects and tasks in the time sheet, the "Collapse" and "Expand" functions come in handy.
- By clicking on "Collapse" all the tasks will be collapsed and only the projects will be shown.
- To view the tasks for a single project, click on the plus-icon next to the project’s name. "Expand" expands all projects so that all tasks are shown.
- Normally only active tasks are shown in the time sheet. Tasks can be set as passive by selecting one or more tasks by marking their corresponding checkboxes and then clicking on "Set as passive" in the tools-section. If a checkbox for a project is marked, all the projects’ tasks are automatically marked.
- To view the passive tasks, select "My passive tasks" in the "View by" filter in the filter-section.
- To set a passive task as active, mark its corresponding checkbox and click on "Set as active" in the tools-section.