- Setting up PlanMill
- Check the default invoice template.
- Create users.
- Create accounts and contacts
- Create a project template
- For new PlanMill instances, we have created a default product for you.
- Create all your existing customer cases as Sales Orders in "Ordered" status.
- Save the Sales Order
- Finish the project wizard
- Click on the link to the project's space:
- Let users start using the system.
- Before using Absence
- Team member reporting time
- Project managers can edit tasks and accept time reports
This quick guide shows you the recommended steps for setting up your PlanMill. Setup is usually done by a key user (power user) in your company who knows your business well.
- The information in the footer and the logo comes from the information in "My company" (updated in Accounts).
- If you are registered in a country for which we don't yet have an invoice language available or have customers in such country, please contact our support.
- If your company is registered in a country which doesn't use EUR as official currency, you need to change the base currency of the system to your currency. Please see more information about How to add currency and change exchange rates
- You can also import them if you can get them to a txt-file.
Create a project template
- Useful if you use a typical project structure with default tasks.
- Create new products if needed (ERP or Products add-on users)
- Remember to set Revenue type, Automatic draft generation and Invoicing period to all products before starting to select them to sales order items. Otherwise the revenues will not be generated and the revenue forecasts and prices will not be updated.
Create all your existing customer cases as Sales Orders in "Ordered" status.
- Create one and save it. Edit the information and use "Save as new" to copy the others from the first one if it makes it quicker.
- Sales Orders are used as the "pricing machine" and to create revenue items
- Revenue items will then collect all billable hours and expenses to invoice.
- Save with status "Ordered". The system asks if you want to create a new project based on the sales order.
- Answer "yes" and select the template you created and add the names of project team members.
- To these users you can later assign project tasks. This way they can report time and expenses to the project.
- When you finish the project wizard you get back to the summary page of the Sales Order you just created.
- Add or edit tasks.
- Assign tasks to users.
- Add or edit team members and their roles in the project.
- Add or edit other project related activities.
- Make sure you have created all projects and assigned users to tasks so they can report time and expenses.
Before using Absence
- Check the workflow. Should expenses first be inspected by a middle manager and then accepted by the manager's manager?
- Adjust the roles' access rights if needed (i.e. enable "Expenses set inspected" and "Expenses set accepted" access rights to necessary roles).
- Check the rate per kilometer for using your own car. Also check that the other expense rates are relevant and correct. Contact PlanMill Support if you need to change these.
If needed, enable the use of Email Capture and Requests for customer service, Campaigns for marketing, Finance Connector and [E-invoicing].
The default way for reporting time to billable and non-billable tasks is Time sheet. Use it both for customer and administrative projects. There is also a form based way to report time, see Time list > New time report.
To report time in Time sheet:
- Click on the module "Time" (usually found under Project -group tab).
- Click on the cell in the time sheet where you want to report time. By default you report time in hours. There is also the option to enter start and finish time. Navigation is quickest with arrow-keys and tabulator. Look for more information in our wiki page Time Sheet.
- Click "Save" when all time reports are saved.
Need more features? Check out the advanced time report features.
Please refer to instructions on expense input provided here.
Absences can be requested in advance or reported after the absence. Accepted absences that have the status "Ongoing" or "Completed" automatically create time reports to the user's Time sheet.
- Go to the Absence tab and click "Create new absence".
- You can write the description and change the acceptor. By default, the acceptor is the superior of the absent person. The list of other acceptors contains users that have a superior status generally.
- Select dates for the absence. If you select days that are in the past, the system generates the time report after acceptance. Future absences will show as "ongoing" when their start date is reached.
- You can write a description and change the acceptor. By default, the acceptor is the superior of the absent user. The list of other acceptors contains users that have a superior status generally.
- Check that the information is correct and the status is "Ready for acceptance". Click "Save". The superior will now get an email with a link where he or she can go and accept the absence.
- Click on Projects
- Click on the name of a project to open the project space. You only see projects where you are member of the project team.
- In the project space you see several tabs e.g. Tasks, Hours, Team etc. The access rights to the tabs (to see and edit them) depend on your role's rights. You can check your role in the project Team-tab (Projects > name of project > Team). If you don't see the column "Team role", add it by clicking on the screw driver icon.
See more about editing projects, tasks and assignments in [Project Managers Getting Started].
See more information about accepting and editing time reports Accept and edit time reports.
The basis for invoicing in PlanMill is that there has to be one or more sales orders for each customer. See more about Sales Orders.
All billable projects must be related to at least one sales order. This way revenue items (first stage for creating draft invoices) can be created and time reports, expenses and purchases priced automatically and collected to correct invoices.
To access sales orders
- Go to CRM > Sales Orders
- Click on the name of the Sales Order to view it's summary page.
- On the overview page you see that there may be different priced order items. For example fixed priced and time based order items.
- Look further down on the overview page and you see revenues generated based on the order items (if the status of the Sales order is "Ordered"). Different priced items can have different invoicing periods. E.g. every month or every third month. The invoicing period can easily be changed by editing the order item. Click on the "pen" -icon next to the row or on the Edit button.
To create an invoice
You can create an invoice straight from the Sales order or in the Projects > Finance tab. The steps in the process of creating an invoice depends on the size and routines of the company. Some smaller companies skip a few controlling steps and create a draft invoice straight from the Sales order item. Bigger companies might have more people involved in the billing process and use the step "set billable" and "confirm draft invoice" before the actual invoice is created. Read more about how to create an invoice in Finance control. In the example below the invoice is created in CRM > Sales orders:
- Open the Sales order you want to invoice (see steps above)
- Scroll down to the section "Open revenue items, latest". Click on the check box of the revenue item(s) you want to include in the invoice. The amount "actual" has to be larger than 0. Then click on the button "New draft invoice".
- The status changes from "1. Open" to "3. Draft invoice". To see the pdf of the draft invoice, click on "Draft" in the "Inv.number" column. Click on the "3. Draft invoice" to open the invoice's summary page. You can also open the pdf on the invoice's summary page by clicking on the "View invoice (pdf)" button.
- If you need to correct the invoice tick the checkbox next to the revenue items and click "Cancel draft". Correct the errors and create the draft again.
- Confirm the invoice when everything is correct in the draft. Open the invoice's summary page and click on the button "Confirm invoiced". The draft changes to invoice with invoice number and reference. No changes can be done to the invoice anymore.
More advanced pricing schemes like volume pricing can be defined for the sales orders. View the order summary and click on the "pen" -icon next to a item row. In the order item form there are several advanced pricing options including volume pricing. The volume pricing model prices the billable hours at different rates. The rate depends on the amount of reported hours during the invoicing period. You set the limits and the prices.
Besides volume pricing you can choose pricing based on person, competence, task or custom price types.