PlanMill Version 14.4 gives new features and feature enhancements as well as fixes to several known issues (Rel. May 23, 2012).
See also maintenance releases to 14.4 containing feature enhancements and fixes:
The next generation web based PlanMill PlanMill Mobile is now offered as part of version 14.4.
With PlanMill Mobile you don't need any application installations to your mobile device such as iPhone, iPad, Android or Windows Phone.
|Note: PlanMill Mobile is renamed from PlanMill Touch.|
|Home||x||x||My settings: Select Mobile / Desktop UI|
|Actions||x||x||x||x||Support for iCal download|
|Contacts||x||x||x||x||Support for vCard download|
|Projects||x||View overview tab only|
|Time||x||x||x||x||Desktop = Time list|
Other features as follows:
- Direct integration from PlanMill Mobile: Click to Call, send SMS or Email
- Google Maps
- View attachments
- Send email notification via PlanMill Mobile to people
- Cross-platform support: A unified HTML5-based user interface system for popular mobile device platforms.
- Device support: iPhone (iOS 5+), iPad 2 & 3, Android (2.3 - 4+) or Windows Phone (7.5+).
- Basic features (View/read-only): Free for all active PlanMill users.
- Full features (Create new & Edit): Commercial add-on and additional fee applies. Separate activation required. More information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Desktop related customizations are not automatically supported. Mobile configuration can be done case by case basis. Additional fee applies.|
Customized fields are not automatically shown and supported in summary pages, forms and list views due to differences in the technical features of the touch devices.
- Basic features: Available automatically to all PlanMill Cloud users after May 23, 2012, if mobile access has been activated.
- Pro features: Contact us for your Free 30-Day Trial by sending an email to email@example.com.
|Learn more about PlanMill Mobile by taking our quizzes. They are designed to give you the quick details on what PlanMill Mobile can do and how it is used:|
Click on the pictures below to view the new PlanMill Mobile UI (left-right): Contact summary view, Contact list view, Home, Accounts list, Opportunity list (All open), Requests list, New time form, and My time list.
Contact list view
New time form
My time list
Customer account --form Handling fee now has currency field. Fee is always converted upon save to currency of the ‘Invoicing Language and Currency’ field to ensure correct inheritance to any Sales orders and Invoices created for that customer. Account summary will still appear in user currency
Sales order money amounts are fixed to the currency of ‘Invoicing Language and Currency’. This is to maintain the intended value of money amounts despite changes to the invoicing currency when invoicing in different currencies.
The Sales order summary display currency is fixed to the invoicing currency of the Sales order (overrides user currency). This is because user currency uses the latest daily rates and not the actual invoice rates and creates inconsistencies with the actual invoice amounts.
Invoice form handles different changes of invoice date and invoice currency correctly while invoice is in draft status. This is to maintain the intended value of Invoice items when invoicing currency is altered at this final stage and to maintain the same price of items when dates are changed.
Discount % column is no longer visible in invoice PDF if discount in all invoice items is 0%. If any of the items have > 0% discount, the column is shown.
When invoice items are edited on draft invoice, the edited amounts are updated to project space revenues, actual amount.
Display currency, as with Sales order is now fixed to the invoicing currency (overriding user currency).
|Invoice, Sales order and Expense PDFs take the language terms used based on the invoice supplier company's country.
I.e. if your company is based in Finland, but you are sending invoices in Swedish language, your invoice will show terms in Finnish Swedish. But if your company is based in Sweden and you are sending invoices in Swedish, you will get Swedish Swedish terminology to your invoice pdfs.
- PlanMill Cloud customers: May 23, 2012.
- PlanMill On-Premise customers: June, 2012.